Friday, January 28, 2011

Sourdough Starter!

Day 4

Or bread monster as I like to call it. In culinary school we created a SD starter, but being too busy and foolish I discarded it in the garbage and went about my merry way. So I decided to try my hand at it again. Started on January 15th with 3oz of water, and 3oz of organic flour, and left it sit for 24 hours. After 24 hours I would discard 3oz, and add 3 more ounces of water and flour. I did this for several days, and on day four I noticed it starting to work. Bubbles!











Day 6
On day four I stopped measuring    how much I was discarding and discarded all but about 2T to 1/4cup and started adding 6oz of water and 6oz flour. On day five I was reading about starters and most people had used organic flour and rye flour. I had rye flour lying around so I started putting it in the mix. Here is what day 6 looked like. I discarded most, and added 6oz of water, 5oz of flour and 1oz of rye flour.











Continuing with the 6, 5, and 1oz, on the 8th day I fed it one last time and put it in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment