Thursday, January 20, 2011

Flax Seed Wheat Bread



Tried another recipe from The Fresh Loaf, a wheat bread with flax seeds. I only had flax meal, not whole seeds so I cut down the amount from 100g to about 25g. I also used 2t of honey instead of malt powder. Mixed for about 3 minutes on speed 1 and about 5 minutes on speed 2. Did not bake nearly as long as the recipe indicated. Baked about 25 minutes total. It made one small boule. My crumb does not look like theirs, but I'm guessing its because I used the flax meal, and honey. They did not indicate mixing times, so I was just winging it off of previous bread I have made and checking for window pane. I love the crust ring in the second photo. Pretty flavorful bread, would go well with a soup or stew, it is just begging to be dunked in something yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment