Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ciabatta Bread



I got this recipe from the fresh loaf, I frequent this website a ton, lots of recipes, tutorials, and help. The community is really helpful there, and seems to always be able to answer any bread questions anyone has. My dough never tried to climb out of the mixer and the directions indicated, even after 30 minutes of mixing, and I am not sure if that was because I was using such a jumbo bowl for a not so jumbo batch,  or if I made an error in scaling. My crumb came out with a lot of tiny air bubbles, not the huge ones associated with ciabatta but over all it tasted great. My next ciabatta will be a sour dough variety, once my starter matures and is ready for me to play with it.

1 comment:

  1. this looks so good. i am terrible at baking, but your breads make me want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete