Thursday, January 17, 2013

Whole30 Day 2

Day 2 was weird, I didn't get a very good nights sleep, and was not sure how that would effect my day. About half way through the day I completely crashed and just laid on the couch half awake wanting junk food. But I prevailed! I took a nap, had a cup of coffee and made an amazing dinner. I had no recipe to follow or modify, so I created something with what I had. Ended up with pork chops and mushroom gravy.

Ingredients:
2 pork chops, about 1" thick
Whatever spices you like, I used thyme, salt, garlic powder, and pepper

Gravy:
2T coconut oil
2 heaping spoonfuls of almond meal
Handful of mushrooms (I used 3), chopped
Slice of onion, diced
3T or so of broth (I had chicken on hand so I used that)

Heat skillet on medium low, add coconut oil
Season pork chops as you see fit, place in oil and cover
Cook about 8-9 minutes a side
Remove chops from skillet and tent with foil
Keep skillet over heat and add broth, once it comes back up to temp add onions and mushrooms
Let simmer a few minutes until mushrooms are cooked through and add almond meal, whisking mixture until thickens slightly and almond meal breaks up a bi
Remove from heat and top pork chops

Sorry about the purple cauliflower! The store did not have regular, and I felt like I was eating play dough. Any-who, I steamed the cauliflower, and blended it with garlic, salt, and chicken broth. For the brussel sprouts I tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper, and cooked for 35 minutes at 400 degrees, making sure to shake the cookie sheet every five or so to roast evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment